Do you want to participate in the multi-technical challenges of tomorrow? Would you like to help move the world toward green energy by applying your electrical engineering skills? Yes? Then we are looking for you! at EQUANS Fabricom Offshore Services you will find yourself in an innovative and exciting working environment with varied projects in which you can further develop your skills.You will come into contact with the latest technologies and help our customers with one of the major transitions of today: the energy transition.To expand our activities in the offshore wind industry, EQUANS Offshore Services is looking for an Electrical Offshore Wind Technician.
EQUANS is one of the leading companies in sustainable change in the energy sector, a multi-technical expert that offers a complete service from design to installation, maintenance and financing. EQUANS Fabricom Offshore Services supplies qualified and competent technical employees for the onshore and offshore energy sector. From our office in Den Helder we enable people to work in a safe, challenging and international environment. We offer our customers the opportunity to expand and operate their wind energy assets at highest standards. The basis of our activities is recorded in certified HSEQ management systems and we follow the core values of our parent organization: safe, driven, committed, daring and connected.
- Wind technicians must work outside doing the majority of their maintenance work in the nacelle, where the components and sensitive electronics are housed. Nacelles are built very compactly, and wind technicians must be able to work in confined spaces, inside the nacelles, hubs and rotors. That could involve replacing the instruments that measure wind speed and direction, or work with large cranes for component repair or replacement.
- Responsible for servicing of the wind turbines, through routine checks, repairing, maintenance of software, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems and significant component replacement and troubleshooting.
- Wind technicians are also responsible for administration of the site, they must document and submit reports on the results of testing, inspections, repairs, or problems they find when carrying out inspections and repairs. Their writing must be clear and well organized so that others can understand the reports.
- All activities related to the commissioning, maintenance and repair of wind turbines and Offshore High Voltage Substations.
- A completed MBO 3-4 education in the direction of Electrical Engineering and/or Mechatronic or equivalent;
- You have at least 1 year of experience in offshore and/or wind energy;
- You are in possession of a driver’s license B;
- You speak and write English fluently;
- In possession of a VCA FULL, NEN3140, HUET training is an advantage;
- You are flexible and willing to work at different times in various rotations and locations (domestically and internationally);
- You are not afraid to work at heights and are in good physical condition. Comfort with heights and confined spaces.
- Troubleshooting skills. Wind technicians must diagnose and repair problems. When a turbine stops generating electricity, technicians must determine the cause and then make the necessary repairs.
- You are willing to learn on the job and are able to travel frequently. For this position we are looking for people who have a positive attitude, are flexible and creative, with trouble solving attitude, who show initiative and who are very cooperative in working with colleagues like real team players
- One-year contract with the possibility of a permanent contract;
- A salary between €2,637 and €3,607 + industry standard offshore allowance
- Good secondary benefits
- Extensive education, training and career opportunities.